Mason's buddies

Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Montage

Mom came home from work today with bags of grocery's!! Now you may
be wondering whats the big deal my mom does that all the time? Well
that is your mom, he he (do not tell her I said that).
Any who, it was chuck full of loads of different things, see she
was trying out a new recipe.
First she made a snack with fruits and dipping sauces.
I got my first taste of watermelon!! I see Maggie and Mitch always eating it
so with enough begging finally I got to taste what all the fuss was about.
Boy what a mess it made. BOL
So with out further ado, here is the montage of the preparation of
Skillet Gnocchi with Spinach and White Beans.



And of course the recipe if you are interested in making it. =)
(30 minutes from start to finish)
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided

1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi (see Tip)
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
6 cups chopped chard leaves (about 1 small bunch) or spinach
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese

1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.


Oh and how are mom's plant doing you ask?
Her first 3 tomatoes and 2 peppers, which is a huge success for the mom. =)

side note: sorry I have been MIA lately summer is a hard time to keep up on every body and to keep up on my own blog. I am here and thinking of you, I am visiting as much as I can just may not always leave a comment. I hope to be back in full gear soon, when the time alots it. =)
Take care.


28 comments:

Checkers & Chess said...

That looks delish - except for the watermelon - I don't like watermelon!!!! But I like gnocchi!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom says that gnokhkhhi dish looks great!

I've had watermelon a few times...it is okay but not my favourite!

As fur visiting, don't 'sweat' it - it is supposed to be FUN!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Cloud the Wonder Dog said...

Mason, I'm glad you liked the watermelon. I had it once and thought it was pretty darn good. And mom says thank you for the recipe, it looks yummy!
Luv,
Cloud

Jason said...

wow...nice meal there...yummy........

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Looks easy and tasty. Thanks for sharing. TD will eat wallymelon but not picky boy Phantom. Those strawberries and kiwi looks really good.

Woos, the OP Pack

Unknown said...

Mason, your Mom sure is cooking up some good looking food. Only one question....is that my Mom's wooden spoon? She has been looking everywhere for that spoon.

Love Your Aunties

Taffy said...

Mason, no worries...we know you love us and you are a busy girl! That food looks wonderful! I'm so happy you had your first taste of watermelon. It is one of my favorites. My momma gives it to me different than most other moms. Still tastes great!
Love and hugs,
Twix

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Watermelon is so good and good for you!

We understand about being busy 0 we're reading a lot more than commenting too.

Princess Eva

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

I'm undecided about watermelon at this point - I haven't liked the piece Mom gave me, but I'm supremely interested in it when she eats it.... I may have to harass her some more!

*kissey face*
-Fiona

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mason!
Thanks for sharing the recipe! It looks delicious!
I love watermelon too!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Charlie said...

I love love love fruit!
- Charlie

JacksDad said...

I have not had the watermelons. I only get apples and carrots! The tall guy must think I am a horse! :)

Lacy said...

w00fs, yumm, dat food looks yummies..mama iz drooling at the fruit..its ok u cant comment, sumtimes our secretaries gits to busy..or iffin ur my mama, u furgit to comment..

b safe,
~rocky~

Ms. ~K said...

Yum, looks wonderful!
Thanks for sharing recipe!!!
Kit

Martine said...

those recipes look good!

xo sugar & martine

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We love watermelon - and will even do a Scottie stand to get it.

Have fun and enjoy each other this summer. Those tomatoes and peppers look delish.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

wow that looks like a really nummy recipe - mommy is going to try it too

Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

Fred said...

Ooh--I'm drooooling!!!

Wei Qian said...

Wow, your mom is great at cooking! Look at those wonderful dishes she cook up!

best regards
Vodka

Bijou said...

Hi Mason,

We still haven't tried wallymelon!

Mom says it's lunch time and the pictures of the gnocchi are making her really hungry!

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

SEDONA said...

Hey Mason, you've joined the Watermelon Lovers Club, yay!
That gnocchi recipe looks yuuuuu-mee!
My human is still waiting for her first 'maters to turn red.
Your pal,
Sedona

Thor and Jack said...

All that food look delicious!
Take care too, Mason!
xoxo,
Thor

Two French Bulldogs said...

These pictures are great, but now we're hungry!
Lily & Benny

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OMDDDDDDDDDDDD Sweet Mason!!!!
Your mommy is sure a great great cook!!!!
We're drooling watching all these yummy food!!!
All looks delish!!!!
But we don't like watermelon!!!!
But...... gnocchi!!!!!.......Slurp slurp!!We love gnocchi and mommy made them lots of time at home!!!!
Would love to share our italian gnocchi with you and your mommy!!!!
We love youuuuuuu!!!!
Pleaseeee..take care dear friends....
we miss you sooooooooooooo much!!!
Lots of love and kises

Molly the Airedale said...

So did you like the watermelon, Mason? Yes, you sure did make a mess! hehehe
Your mom's Skillet Gnocchi looks DELICIOUS!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Golden Daily Scoop said...

Ooooooh my belly is growling after looking at all that yummy food!!! Gonna have to get mom to try that!!!

lotsa licks,
Miley

Team 4 Dawg Flite said...

You need to talk to your mom about starting a restaurant. She looks like a great cook. And think of all the scraps you could get! Love, Sally P.S. How's the dock diving? Got any more events coming up?

Pippa said...

ooooh brilliant food - mistress may have a go at that - looks very scranny, thanks for sharing.

Guest Book Please Sign